[peel] Re: Ebay Tapes

thebarguest@... thebarguest@...
Mon Mar 5 18:29:55 CET 2018

Thanks again Tim. Wow, that 76 show is one of the best I've heard in my life !
 I like every song in it which is unusual for me. Widowmaker were great, nice to hear John compliment singer Steve Ellis (who R. Daltrey said was a better singer than himself). Deaf School (a Liverpool legend/institution) were great (their last LP was their best, a true new-wave gem, criminally under-heard). Be Bop Deluxe (inc Bill Nelson) are a fave band of mine (and Peely's). Peely loves that there is a snippet of himself at the start of the song here ! The Big Pig's 45 was "Legalise It" - does that mean she toked with Peely, ha ha.
 I'm a huge fan of punk and new-wave but Boston (and esp. "More Than A Feeling") were real pop-rock class and Peely liked their 1st LP at this time. And the CBGB stuff is great - maybe the first time Peely played "punk" - it's very raw in the context of the rest of the show ! Sounds a bit like early Stones.
 And great audio quality again like it was broadcast last week !