[peel] Re: Ebay Tapes

m.luetchford M.Luetchford@...
Fri Feb 23 13:36:39 CET 2018

Thanks - one of my earliest Peel memories was hearing June Table sing Waltzing Matilda on my transistor radio under the bedcovers. It must have been around 1977 but appears not to feature in this sesson. Maybe my first experience of quality Folk - a genre that many derided at the time but one for which Peel gave me a love for at the height of punk. Maybe Shane of the Nipple Erectors was listening too!

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: "Tim Giebel-Inanloo timgiebel@hotmail.co.uk [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 23/02/2018  07:41  (GMT+00:00)
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Ebay Tapes

Thanks so much for pointing that out! No problem at all, I’m glad that you were able to correctly date them! I still need to transfer the other half of that second of July 1979 show, I will try and do it today if I get time. :)

On 23 Feb 2018, at 02:11, johnpeel3904@yahoo.co.uk [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thanks for your efforts Tim. Just to be pedantic, your 27 feb 1977 file is actually from the

22 February 1977 show and your May 1979 file is actually from the
02 July 1979 show. Otherwise the rest of the file dates you've uploaded are correct