[peel] Re: Ebay Tapes

Mr M D Luetchford M.Luetchford@...
Sat Feb 10 18:31:51 CET 2018

Fantastic fanks.

On 10 February 2018, at 14:28, "Tim Giebel-Inanloo timgiebel@hotmail.co.uk [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a while, but things have been a bit crazy! I've finally got round to uploading some of these ebay cassettes that I bought a few months back. I am uploading using the mooo server to a folder called Tim's Peel tapes. So far I have done 13 April 1976 and I will be uploading more shortly. It says it may take a couple of days for files to show up, but I'd be greatful if someone would let me know once they are coming through and if there are any problems etc. I am uploading as 320 kb mp3, hope that's ok. If people prefer flack let me know.

Thanks, Tim
   On 14/10/2017 17:36, 'Stuart Brooks'     stuartb@brooks22.plus.com [peel] wrote:

Hi Tim, congratulations on winning some of these tapes! It would be great if you could share.

The John Peel Wiki is where we catalogue the shows, the tracklistings and availability. Each calendar year has a page such as this http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/1976 and a list of shows shared comes lower down the page, as well as links to shows where only tracklistings are available.

As far as uploading goes we generally use the Mooo server – see this page http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/incoming/Upload.html It is password protected but it tells you what the password is when you go there.

Then its either a choice of ask for an ftp access (useful for lots of shows) or a direct upload link which doesn’t need a password, but it takes the server owner a day or so to make the file available.

There’s lots more shows available for download there or from links on the Wiki.

Best Wishes

Stuart