[peel] Re: Move this forum onto Facebook

m.luetchford M.Luetchford@...
Wed Feb 7 09:40:45 CET 2018

I don't really understand. Facebook wouldn't support our massive site. Are you saying move to facebook to chat about stuff Peel related? I can see no reason why those who want to can't do that but there are existing fora they can use so why not chat there. You could always point people towards tapes you had posted on here. That way we can spread the word.
I can see how frustrating it can get on here with no one responding or recognising the hard work that some put in but we are (largely) a group of obsessive old men who are probably like me quite taciturn by nature. Maybe we could all make a little more effort to show our appreciation to the rippers and wikifiers who are doing so much to continue to build this fantastic site that is unparalleled in all the world!
Mark

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: "Mike Parker parkermike81@yahoo.com [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 07/02/2018  02:20  (GMT+00:00)
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Move this forum onto Facebook

      Facebook? Are you kidding, if we’re contemplating that route then we might as well move to the house of commons.

On Wed, 7/2/18, Stuart Maclean sdmaclean@comcast.net [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: [peel] Re: Move this forum onto Facebook

 To: "peel" <peel@yahoogroups.com>

 Date: Wednesday, 7 February, 2018, 1:47

       I for one don't want this forum to

 move to FB.  I have never been on it, nor would I join just

 to follow this forum.  I like this the way it is.

 Now switching to full grumpy old man mode, I cannot

 fathom FB's appeal.  I am still waiting for it to die

 off as a 'fad', much like shell suits in the 80s (or

 was it early 90s).  Unlikely to happen any time soon I

 guess...

 My tuppence

 Stuart