[peel] Re: New 6music series this sunday - The Evolution of John Peel

webbiewebbster@... webbiewebbster@...
Thu Sep 7 18:02:07 CEST 2017

I got slightly lost because the way that BBC 6 Music named everything.

 The series is called The Evolution Of John Peel and the episodes are:
 1970s Revolution
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0957ny7 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0957ny7

 1970s Evolution
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0940wlb http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0940wlb

 Wish they thought of a different word to ...lution.

 I contacted the producer of the shows directly to ask if they would be available in podcast form. He said no, probably not because of the music. But the eps are available to download via the BBC iPlayer Radio app.
 All fine and well but if you are not in the UK (like me) not something I can do.

 I don't know if this series will be wikified ?

 On a side note Annie Nightingale is doing a retrospective via Radio 1/1Xtra.
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b093p47q http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b093p47q

 It is a 4 part series.

 In this first one there's a clip of John Peel reading from his book (I assume) about the Radio 1 day out with the Bay City Rollers and a Womble piloting a speedboat with Tony Blackburn on the bow.

 Also I assume we've all heard about the Radio 1 Vintage at the end of the month:
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059cwkn http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059cwkn