[peel] Re: Some new KevH Tapes

Mr M D Luetchford M.Luetchford@...
Sat Jan 28 09:58:58 CET 2017

Newtown Neurotics.  One of my top punk band names ... I think Atilla is one of the few punk poets (along with John Cooper Clarke) still functioning. Patrik F was always my fave although he did tend to sing rather than read. They obviously had post punk equivalence with Benjamin Zephaniah, Martin Besserman, Joolz and John Hegley who crossed over into the alternative comedy from the estimable Popticians.

Peel always had a thing for poet err y as part of the wider subculture.  Cutler being the obvious example. I think he would have liked Kate Tempest ...