[peel] 1993

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Sun Feb 19 14:10:03 CET 2017

Great work, and has helped date and identify many tracks on the various mixtape series from that time!

From: lorcan58@... [peel]
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2017 2:09 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] 1993

Hi Guys,

I've spent the last two months armed with handwritten playlists (supplied by Tim Joseph back in the noughties) filling in all the gaps in the Peel Wiki listings for 1993. Obviously this was building on the work of the giants who went before me, who had already playlisted everything from the digitised recordings, and I'd say it was already over 90% complete by the time I started.

I'm pleased to announce now that every track from every 1993 Radio 1 Peel Show is now listed on the Peel Wiki. That's not to say that the record is entirely complete (there are a few "place holders" with question marks in place of artist and details) but we now have an entry of some kind for every track played, and in the overwhelming majority of cases the details are complete. Hopefully this will make it easier to identify any fresh audio that emerges for 1993.

The process did uncover a small number of misdated plays and at one point 23 October was briefly left with no associated audio, but Stuart has been following my progress and stepped up to the mark so that every show in 1993 now had at least some audio (in most cases a lot).

My slow progress stands in sharp contrast to the massive throughput from other members of this group, to whom I am eternally grateful.

Lorcan

---