[peel] Tom In Atlanta No More - but still has 300 tapes.

RobF robfleay@...
Thu Feb 9 22:25:23 CET 2017

Apologies for not tying this up sooner, but the Tom Roche World Service
tapes are now officially finished. The remaining tapes TR086 to TR098
contained a mixture of non-Peel content and previously shared shows.
Mostly from 2002, but one from 1999 and one of the posthumously broadcast
shows from 2004. I hadn't appreciated that there were 3 pre-recorded World
Service shows that aired after his death (as his regular shows had guest
DJs while he was in Peru).
Details are on the wiki page
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_Roche_BBC_World_Service_Tapes
I didn't upload any of the rips to Mooo for space reasons, as they are all
previously available. If anyone wants these particular versions then let me
know.

Many thanks to Tom for keeping the tapes and organising their
trans-atlantic holiday, it's been a pleasure. I don't think I'd ever even
heard one of the WS shows prior to this.

Cheers