Some updates

thebarguest@... thebarguest@...
Thu Aug 31 17:55:15 CEST 2017

Just heard Eddie's first 1980 show, great stuff. Highlight was the single "Parry Thomas" by the Tea Set. Missed it at the time (I think) but heard it on an early 90's Indie compilation CD. Brilliant song with one of the most extreme false endings in rock history, would surely have foxed a lazy DJ ! Good old Peely gives a brief description of the theme of the song (ie who was Mr Thomas). Some great reggae (more than usual perhaps) on the show. Not keen of the Scritti Politti session tbh, but I love their song from 1981, "The Sweetest Girl" (which was on the free NME cassette of that year). Strange to hear Peely say the "n" word, in the context of a record by N***** Kojak, don't think that would happen now, maybe rightly so. However, Peely does comment that a reggae song with dodgy lyrics would not be appreciated by feminists (an understatement in today's context). Social history and great, varied music - what's not to like ? Thanks again to everyone involved in sharing these gems...