[peel] Radio FSK Hamburg: Peel shows, late 90s/early 00s?

Colin Bray colinbray@...
Mon Apr 10 23:16:27 CEST 2017

Hi Ken,

The Wiki briefly and incidentally references this  tape-giving as being  a thematic part of the Peel-presented documentary 'Autobahn Blues', currently available in four parts on YouTube.

Not the same as an original cassette recording I know but the documentary may give some context etc. I somehow missed it when broadcast and look forward to watching it myself.

Hope that helps somewhat,

Colin.
________________________________
From: peel@yahoogroups.com <peel@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of ken_garner@... [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 6:34:44 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Radio FSK Hamburg: Peel shows, late 90s/early 00s?

Hello everyone after  very long silence from me, for which apologies.

I've had a request from an academic contact, and one which I cannot answer, and I wonder if anyone here can help.

My friend Dr Caroline Mitchell of Sunderland University, one of the founders of the very wonderful new project and website -www.radio.garden<http://www.radio.garden>  - check it out! - is doing an interview with:

"Dagmar Brunow, who years ago volunteered at the Hamburg community station FSK. She told me that for many years, and until he died, J Peel sent a cassette of a  programme to the station and it was then sent onto other community stations in Germany. It is mentioned in Margrave of the Marshes"

(the first paragraph of chapter 2, p.18 in first hardback edition).

Caroline would like to trace any original recordings of these shows and if at all possible use a clip in her interview piece.

There is no entry in the Wiki, and I cannot recall anyone ever mentioning these shows to me, as having been "found"

Yes, It's another project for the Peel Group and Wiki team!

I look forward to any information

Yours

Ken Garner, author, THE PEEL SESSIONS