[peel] More BFBS from Peel series

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Wed Mar 16 03:32:28 CET 2016

Cheers Steve, good to know there’s stuff waiting in the wings!

From: mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 10:52 AM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] More BFBS from Peel series

Hi all

I have spent a while now cataloguing Dirk's Peel series of BFBS shows and have decided to do them in blocks of ten, hence the long radio silence from my end. Peel 140-149 are now complete and ready for download: they cover April, May and most of June 1990 and can be found on this page. Many thanks to Stuart for filling in the work I should have done ages ago and ascribing tentative dates for the 1986-9 shows too.

The tapes contain anything from two tracks per show to over half of some: Dirk, who I guess recorded the whole shows then bounced his favourite sections onto these compilations, has helped by putting them in chronological order. There is the occasional eccentricity such as Peel 148, which revisits unshared material from the previous month, but it's all new and contains comments and even tracks unplayed on his domestic shows (e.g. the Grant Hart LP).

Enjoy, and don't forget that in addition to these there are still a lot of complete shows to come from Carsten: these will appear in tandem with Dirk's extracts when I get round to them.

Regards

Steve (TK)

---