[peel] Brief Intro and Peel Returns to Pates Tapes!

m.Luetchford M.Luetchford@...
Wed Jun 1 22:46:19 CEST 2016

I like all you lurkers but not as much as the original punk combo of Peel lore.
Come out of your shells more I am sure you have lots to share... I too would be interested in the 1996 show. with those three could be the most laconic acerbic dead pan but intelligent show in history.
Mr Lamarr always had impeccable taste in Reggae and Rock n Roll which he used to exhibit on Radio 2. I miss him. Where is he now?

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: "Stuart Brooks stuartb@brooks22.plus.com [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 31/05/2016  23:21  (GMT+00:00)
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Brief Intro and Peel Returns to Pates Tapes!

Glad you are enjoying the shows!

The Pates Tapes each contain four tapes including 1 POITS to make up the 3 hour file so that is 20 tapes so far!

On 31 May 2016 22:42:18 BST, "peeloutinthestates@yahoo.com [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello, all. Just a brief (BRIEF) bum-kissing bit. Its annoying, but its heartfelt... I've been using the John Peel Wiki for a few years now. In conjunction with this fine discussion group here, it is simply one of the most essential resources on the internet, and the preserved shows its led me to have helped me through some loooong days at work. So thank you all - The rippers, the tracklisters, and the fans that continue to talk about John Peel and keep him alive. Thank you. This is how the 'net should be, and increasingly isn't...
Whew. That was the mushy bit, here's the begging bit - I was a huge fan of Radcliffe and Lard in the 90's, so I was pretty excited when I found out Peel once hosted a show with Lard and Mark Lamarr. Maybe its morbid curiosity... If anyone has access to the show dated 20th March 1996 and can share, I'd be so, so grateful. I believe K uploaded originally.
Now to business. Pates Tapes has begun to re-up its Peel content after the big site re-do from a few years back. Just the Peel Out In The States shows at the moment, but it should be well worth keeping an eye on as this cunning Yank somehow had many of the BBC shows not available anywhere else...
Cheers, all.