[peel] A later Jan 1983 Jensen/Peel uploading to Moo and...

Rocker rockerq@...
Sun Jan 10 22:42:13 CET 2016

Might be worth getting one of those Behringer converters for 30 quid, and try out the JVC.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Behringer-UCA202-U-Control-Ultra-low-latency-2-In-2-Out-USB-Audio-Interface-/161938547158?hash=item25b44a21d6:g:EmAAAOSwl9BWMiim

Also these older cassettes do shed a lot of crap onto the heads, so whichever deck you'll need to use alcohol or cleaning fluid on a cotton bud to clean the heads and the rubber capstan wheel, ideally after every tape.

Rocker

-----Original Message-----
From: clashbore18@... [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Jan 10, 2016 9:27 pm
Subject: Re: [peel] A later Jan 1983 Jensen/Peel uploading to Moo and...

Yes I agree... I didn't really notice a significant drop in quality until the recordings went away from medium wave to quite a low output FM signal quality... anyway I think the Envivo has produced its first real questionable result. If any of you want to pick up all these tapes be my guest but it would have to be somewhere between Newport and Swansea or up as far as Brecon maybe.
Bristol is a possibility but it would have to wait until I was working there ( about twice a year ).

I have a JVC tape player right under the computer. Its all linked up and plays fine. Maybe I should have just purchased a digitiser and used that... it doesn't seem to have many inputs or outputs though ( its hard to get it out and have a good look at it )

Its part of a cheap JVC music centre I found being chucked out by my neighbour. As you can tell I'm no audiophile.