[peel] Tom In Atlanta No More - but still has 300 tapes.

RobF robfleay@...
Mon Dec 12 09:37:02 CET 2016

Thanks Stuart. 2016 seems to be determined to kill everything good. Even
tape decks!

Can you point me at a show where you noiticed the speed issues? I wasn't
aware that was happening, and it could indeed have been the tapes as some
of them are in worse condition than others (and a few are low quality promo
cassettes that have been taped over).

The symptoms with my tape deck are that the transport mechanism is stuck in
the up position, and won't reset. When I switch the unit off and on again
you can hear it trying to reset with a click, but it fails and then gives
up after about 5 clicks. It was brand new about 10 years ago, so I wasn't
expecting this - but then it has seen some action with the Derby Box, 400
Box and now the Tom tapes.