Some new early 1980s shows!

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Sun Dec 11 22:19:16 CET 2016

Still trawling my way through the bottom of the big box of SL tapes http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/SL_Tapes_(tapes)#L501-L600....
L579 that I forgot to upload last week, contained 36 minutes of previously shared 8th June 1991.
L586 contained a bit of a Peel's Pleasure from 14th August 1982, plus some sections of already shared 18th August 1982, though in much clearer (if low level) sound quality.
L588 wasn't shared as the show of 14th October 1982 is already complete in better sound quality.
L589 wasn't shared as it was an edited version of 25th December 1985 already available in better quality.

Now the new stuff - almost an hour of 11th August 1982 from L591. Again unbroken sections of the show, so even where there there is some overlap with the Karl Tape for that day, this includes the links.

84 minutes of new show 27th October 1982 came from L587, with Amazulu in session and the Passage in concert.

L593 was a multi-year affair, the first side bringing 24 minutes of new show 19th October 1981, when Altered Images are in the studio. A snippet of a show from spring 1994 completes side a. On side b was edited highlights of 16th December 1982. I've only shared the last two session tracks as these are an improvement in quality over the full file for that date. I've still to locate the main F50 shares to see if the SL tape can improve on that, but only a bit of the F50 portion of the show is on tape.

L590 contained the last 28 minutes of 23rd February 1984, a new section to add to previous shares for that date, then just over an hour of new show 27th February 1984, featuring the debut of Billy Bragg's second session.

Finally for now from L592, 90 minutes of mostly new show 17th April 1984, with the debut of Pogue Mahone.

Looks like the next tape will require a bit of surgery as the pressure pad and it's mounting appear to be floating freeform inside the shell housing....

Stuart