[peel] New Mixtape 1986/87

markc63@... markc63@...
Thu Aug 25 21:57:15 CEST 2016

I loved the Robert Lloyd stuff around 1987; the previous session for Peel was great and the Something Nice and Nothing Matters 12" singles they did for In Tape (Marc Riley's label?) were really good.

 I notice The Nightingales are playing Luton (near ish to me) in October and was excited by your reviews to go along. The only problems being a domestic prior arrangement on the day and the fact that it would mean going to Luton.

 Though working for Currys in the dreaded Arndale Centre in Luton in the early 80's, I did serve Abbo, singer with UK Decay, when he bought a video recorder. Hitachi as I recall. Exciting times...

 Mark C