[peel] Tom In Atlanta No More - but still has 300 tapes.

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Tue Aug 16 20:13:34 CEST 2016

Thanks again Rob. There's a wee break in the Lowman tapes as well, but the Dweemis mixtapes are still trickling in plus there has been a new share of a tape from August 1983, the 23rd and 24th. Details on the wiki ..... It's had us scratching our heads a bit as some of what John says conflicts with Ken's book and the British Library further muddied  the waters! (see Johnpeel3904's wall on the wiki for full details)

Stuart

On 16 August 2016 17:31:52 BST, "RobF robfleay@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
>The next 5 tapes cover:
>1990-11-05 John Peel BBC World Service TR021
>1992-06-29 John Peel BBC World Service TR021
>1991-05-25 John Peel BBC World Service TR022
>1991-06-03 John Peel BBC World Service TR023
>1991-06-10 John Peel BBC World Service TR023
>1991-06-24 John Peel BBC World Service TR024
>1991-07-01 John Peel BBC World Service TR024
>1992-01-20 John Peel BBC World Service TR025
>
>Both 1991 shows on TR024 have been shared before - not sure who ripped
>them
>or what the source was, both mediafire links for the old rips are still
>live and weirdly they sound like the same source. Has Tom shared this
>tape
>before I wonder?
>

>On 12 August 2016 at 19:53, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:
>
>> Another batch of Tom's World Service Tapes
>>
>> As last time - uploaded to Mooo in  this folder
>> Tom Roche BBC World Service Tapes Mooo Folder
>>
><http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/RobF/Tom%20Roche%20BBC%20World%20Service%20Tapes/>
>>
>> The master wiki page for the tape box is here
>> Tom Roche BBC World Service Tapes Wiki Page
>> <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_Roche_BBC_World_Service_Tapes>
>> And thanks to those who have busily been creating tracklisting pages
>for
>> the last batch of shows
>>
>> The next 10 tapes cover:
>>
>> 1988-03-14 John Peel In Russia Part 2 BBC World Service TR011
>> 1988-03-21 John Peel BBC World Service TR011
>> 1988-06-27 John Peel BBC World Service TR013
>> 1988-09-25 John Peel BBC World Service TR014
>> 1988-10-17 John Peel BBC World Service TR015
>> 1988-12-05 John Peel BBC World Service TR016
>> 1989-05-29 John Peel BBC World Service TR020
>> 1989-06-12 John Peel BBC World Service TR019
>> 1989-06-19 John Peel BBC World Service TR019
>> 1989-06-26 John Peel BBC World Service TR019
>> 1989-08-07 John Peel BBC World Service TR020
>> 1989-09-25 John Peel BBC World Service TR018
>> 1992-10-05 John Peel BBC World Service TR012
>> 1994-05-28 John Peel BBC World Service TR012
>>

>> Two of these shows on TR019 were only 15 minutes, as opposed to the
>usual
>> 30 minutes. Peel does not offer a reason why, other than to describe
>them
>> as "truncated" and "bisected".
>>

>> On 31 July 2016 at 22:31, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> The first 10 of Tom's BBC World Service tapes are now uploaded to
>Mooo
>>> in  this folder
>>> Tom Roche BBC World Service Tapes Mooo Folder
>>>
><http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/RobF/Tom%20Roche%20BBC%20World%20Service%20Tapes/>
>>>
>>> There are no wiki pages yet for the shows (feel free to create them
>-
>>> I'll concentrate on the ripping and organising) but I've added the
>details
>>> to the master wiki page for the tape box
>>> Tom Roche BBC World Service Tapes Wiki Page

>>> 14 January 1985 (BBC World Service)
>>> 08 April 1985 (BBC World Service)
>>> 26 August 1985 (BBC World Service)
>>> 28 October 1985 (BBC World Service)
>>> 03 December 1985 (BBC World Service)
>>> 02 January 1986 (BBC World Service)
>>> 28 February 1987 (BBC World Service)
>>> 23 March 1987 (BBC World Service)
>>> 05 November 1987 (BBC World Service)
>>> 13 November 1987 (BBC World Service)
>>> 26 July 1993 (BBC World Service)
>>> 23 February 1993 (BBC World Service)
>>> 10 March 1997 (BBC World Service)