Next Lowman batch

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Wed Aug 3 18:03:00 CEST 2016

L446 contained two sections of the Andy Kershaw show of 15th May 1993, followed by the first part of the Peel show of the same date, already shared, but completing the SL version of the show.

L447a featured an Out On Blue Six while on the reverse was a Mixing It.

L448a was an early music doc not shared, while L448b started with Andy Kershaw In Cuba. It ended with a section of 22nd May 1993. This was combined with sections from L450, L451 and L452, as well as a previous share I still had the Audacity files for from L369, to form a 2hr 45min file. This completes the SL version of the show, but was already complete when combined with Isectors version.

L449 were music docs not shared.

L450 also contained two segments of new show 21st May 1993, which were combined with another segment found on L452 to form what is effectively the last half of the show.

L451 also contained a side of the Andy Kershaw show of 22nd May 1993.

L453 and L454 were dedicated to Peel Show of 28th May 1993, which I combined with recently shared L438 to create the complete SL version of the show, already beaten to the punch again by Isector!

L455 and L456a contained sides of 29th May 1993, which I combined with my earlier share from L369 to give a 150 minute file (again that show was already available in full). I could not bring myself to rip L456b which was a Mixing It Special dedicated to a Brass Band.

Finally for now - good news, in the L457 box was found - the missing L397 tape! Side a only shared so far, an Andy Kershaw show from 16th January. The bad news is now that L457 is missing..... though I know there are a few boxless tapes in the large box.

In summary, the only real new Peel content was from the 21st May. However we're moving into an era where Isector made fewer recordings so the next batch should have some fresh Peel.

Enjoy! And thanks and kudos again to Steve L and Branko for making this possible
Stuart