New Mixtape - Peel Sessions Vol.9

markc63@... markc63@...
Thu Apr 21 22:56:12 CEST 2016

 Another mixtape from my collection uploaded to the moo:
 C081 The Peel Sessions Vol.9.mp3 http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/mr_maudlin/C081%20The%20Peel%20Sessions%20Vol.9.mp3

 There's a wiki page at:
 The Peel Sessions Vol.9 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/The_Peel_Sessions_Vol.9

 Could someone add a link to the show at the foot of the wiki? I always seem to have difficulty with this.

 It features sessions from the 1986 best of year shows, with: Fish City Five (aka Housemartins), Primal Scream, Anhrefn, Head Of David, FSK, 1000 Violins and Yeah Yeah Noh.

 I've just finished reading Popkiss, the Sarah records story, and a big part of it are the vitriolic reviews that most of the music weeklies gave their releases. Having just listened to this tape I can't believe how fey and winsome (exactly the terminology used against Sarah by the NME and Melody Maker) the two Primal Scream tracks sound. Were they pilloried at the time as well?
 Mark C