Yet more RF Sessions

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Thu Apr 14 14:05:49 CEST 2016

RF Sessions 8 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/RF_Sessions_8 recorded on a Michael Schenker Group 120 μs chromdioxid pre-recorded cassette (!) which made me wonder what playback settings to use... there was space for 2 sessions on side 1, the Siddeleys second session, first play (previously available in less clear sound on the Rich tape) followed by the Weddo's 7th session (again) from the repeat, adding to the existing share for that date.

 On Side two the debut of the first session by the Cranes (an extra track for that show) plus Hey Paulette's debut play of their only session, with half an extra track.

 On RF Sessions 9 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/RF_Sessions_9 (recorded on a TDK D 90) Bob's 3rd session, first play from a new show, then Pale Saints' only session, half of which was recorded from the first play (a few show) and half from the repeat. Side 1 ended with a clear version of the Shamen's 3rd session, and adds to the share for that date. (Actually side 1 ended with the Siddeleys EP recorded from record so not included here).
 Side 2 starts with Inspiral Carpets #3, from the repeat play (already available) then JMC's 4th from its first play, with an extra track for that show.  Three tracks from Cud's 2nd session, probably from the first play as it matches the track order from Ken's book, but can't be sure as there are no outros. The final Cud track is a record, don't know if it is from the Peel show or not, then A Family Cat EP which was definitely a home record so I left that one out.

 Also, I've re-ripped a couple more of the Derby Box tapes, from 22nd and 24th January 1980, for some reason Rob's deck didn't like Memorex tapes so much

 Stuart