BBC East Anglia Peel

markc63@... markc63@...
Thu Sep 24 23:16:21 CEST 2015

I remember listening to the shows while I was living in Northamptonshire in the late 80's early 90's. I think they were broadcast early Sunday evenings and featured an assistant (Melissa?) who Peely mentioned was a friend of the family and wanted a job in the music business.

 I think it started out as just BBC Suffolk and Norfolk but then Bedfordshire, Cambs and Northants joined in too.

 I remember him saying he was asked to add a 'local' bent to the programmes but his answer was that everywhere was local to somewhere, and used this as an excuse to play pretty much his usual wide playlist.

 I think they lasted about a year before he gave them up claiming overwork and not being able to devote sufficient time to the preparation.

 I have a snippet of one of the shows on the end of one of my compilation tapes, but I can't remember which one, so I will have to keep you in suspense until it turns up.

 Mark C