Catastrophe!/recovery/Andy Kershaw

John Gray jt.gray@...
Fri Oct 9 19:14:17 CEST 2015

Just wanted to say thanks to the people who had pointed me towards places where I could recover some of my missing music. And commiserations to those who have reported similar disasters.  I am shopping for a new drive to store my goodies on, but maybe cloud storage is the way to go!

I managed to replace all my Andy Kershaw stuff. The Music Planet shows are still available via Radio 3/BBC iPlayer.  The “Tune of the Day’ collection is available as a YouTube playlist, although some of the contributions have been deleted.  After 200 tunes of the day, Andy now has ‘No Off Switch - The Album’ - which started with Johnnie Allen’s magnificent version of “The Promised Land".  And then I discovered from the AK website that he is appearing at Lancaster Library TONIGHT! and I have booked a ticket by phone.  Happy Days!

John Gray