[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

RobF robfleay@...
Sun May 3 16:20:58 CEST 2015

I've no idea. but the tape was ominously part way through - unlike all the
other 80 odd tapes so far, which have all been ready and waiting at the
start of Side A

So you can imagine my trepidation when I picked up DB089 and found it in a
similar state. However, this one was worse, not twisted but the reels were
so stiff it would neither play nor rewind/ffwd. An attempt to manually wind
it snapped the tape. So another disassembly job..
This tape is a Pyral Superferrite C90
http://www.c-90.org/catalogue/tapes/Pyral/Pyral%20Superferrite/0
which I've never seen before and I think is one of only two in the Derby
Box (the first one DB088 played fine)

I've been grappling with it all afternoon, and was quite close to chucking
it in the bin at one point, until I realised that it contains the first
hour of one of the few completely unshared shows in this section of the
Derby Box. So I'm sticking with it and the results won't be perfect, but
the sound quality is not too badly affected, just some mid song edits where
the tape snapped or kept stopping whilst ripping.

Watch this space