[peel] John Peel's first show on VPRO

Patrick Kimura-Macke numbernine@...
Sat Mar 21 14:47:40 CET 2015

I ordered Floating Anarchy from Amazon a few weeks ago.  I had been
listening to one of the John Peel programmes that featured the Here
And Now and liking them because of the Hillage like guitar. I did an
Amazon search and ordered a couple of their CDs and Floating Anarchy
was a recommendation. I didn't previously know it, so it got ordered
too as well as the most recent I See You from last year.  I heard
Gong on John's programmes back in 1975 and bought the Planet Gong LPs
and eventually Shamal, Hillage's solo stuff etc. back then. My recent
purchases show that the Peel Wiki generates sales!  I remember John
playing Stanley Clarke back then too and I bought LPs by him too but
none of those programmes have turned up yet it seems.

Meanwhile Daevid Allen's ashes have been taken into the Pacific at
Byron Bay NSW by his four sons paddling surf boards earlier today.