Pixies Question

dgmccarthy@... dgmccarthy@...
Mon Jun 8 06:46:37 CEST 2015

Chipping in rather late (casual contributor) but I have a DAT copy of this session which I would have copied from either a DAT master or the quarter-inch masters (each song was mastered to an indidual 7-inch reel for broadcast). No dates recorded unfortunately but a reference to "Guy Fixsen - Studio Protocol". Guy engineered and/or produced numerous indie acts around this time and Protocol Studio in London was where he worked between 89 and 93. Why the Pixies recorded there and not Maida Vale (as they did for others) is a mystery. Only "Is she weird" is on the 'Pixes at the BBC' album contrary to the wikia.