[peel] Reel tape on eBay

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Tue Jun 2 12:58:00 CEST 2015

Not sure if the Peel content would have been of R2R (i.e. 60s/70s) vintage, the Blue Nile concerts listed on the BBC Int catalogue date from around 1990, and I have one of these on tape. Still, might have been unshared stuff, maybe it will be shared by the winning bidder!

Stuart

From: mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:49 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Reel tape on eBay

Looks like it was the first ever bid by that account.

“A reel of Scotch-3M 256 mastering tape on 10.5" metal reel. It contains some nondescript stuff from the John Peel
programme - but the highlight is a radio 1 broadcast of The Blue Nile playing live - there's about 1 minute missing
otherwise it's the whole broadcast. Very good quality stereo FM recording on VG quality tape. 2 track tape recorded at
7.5 I.P.S. - but will also play on 4 track machine.”

No mention of "Blue Nile" having a session ... but could be from 1991 In Concert
http://www.bbcradioint.com/contentfiles/in_concert_catalogue.pdf

Paul Webster

On Thu, 28 May 2015 14:59:31 -0400, you wrote:

>Bugger!
>
>Auction ended 7 minutes before I followed the link.
>
>Anyone know the winning bidder?
>
>The line "Nondescript stuff from the John Peel programme" fills me with curiosity - it's the sort of advertising he would give his own show on occasion
>
>Rocker

---