[peel] re: Ronnie Ronalde RIP

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Thu Jan 29 10:50:07 CET 2015

Bar Guest

Agree a great singer - what I don't get is how he became a sex symbol - I saw some footage of him singing in his kaftan and  in a foam filled bath that can not by any stretch of the imagination be considered to be conforming to ideas of attractiveness even in the seventies.

the B Movie song is Remembrance Day - I am sure it has already been shared. Karl's tape here: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/12_February_1981. Also your show appears partially here
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/18_February_1981 but obviously not in full glory of derby but bizarrely has two of the tracks you remember! Did you contribute it originally?

________________________________
 From: "thebarguest@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 28 January 2015, 22:40
Subject: Re: [peel] re: Ronnie Ronalde RIP

I know it might seem "uncool" but I think Demis Roussos RIP was a great singer!
Aphrodite's Child may well have been played by our man... Yes, they were prog-rock but Stuart Maconie seems to like them a lot judging by his Freak Zone+ playlists... Not a bad prog album, "666"...

Many thanks to Stuart and Rob for these priceless Derby shares, I never thought I'd live to see/hear the day (but then I am a pessimist like most 1980 new-waver bands, ha ha) . I'm worried in case the show from Feb 81 with a Banshees session is not included/shared!
I heard it in a little student room in Lancaster Univ and taped my then-fave bits, which included the Banshees sesh and a great song by Steve Diggle and a great song by B-Movie about the futility of war...