[peel] Derby Box - catching up with Rob

Rocker rockerq@...
Thu Jan 29 00:06:13 CET 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy6a6Jm2-qE

Fantastic!

Rocker

-----Original Message-----
From: thebarguest@... [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Jan 28, 2015 10:42 pm
Subject: Re: [peel] Derby Box - catching up with Rob

I know it might seem "uncool" but I think Demis Roussos RIP was a great singer!
Aphrodite's Child may well have been played by our man... Yes, they were prog-rock but Stuart Maconie seems to like them a lot judging by his Freak Zone+ playlists... Not a bad prog album, "666"...

Many thanks to Stuart and Rob for these priceless Derby shares, I never thought I'd live to see/hear the day (but then I am a pessimist like most 1980 new-waver bands, ha ha) . I'm worried in case the show from Feb 81 with a Banshees session is not included/shared!
I heard it in a little student room in Lancaster Univ and taped my then-fave bits, which included the Banshees sesh and a great song by Steve Diggle and a great song by B-Movie about the futility of war...