Derby Box - catching up with Rob

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Tue Jan 27 18:16:35 CET 2015

DB190 provides a major sound upgrade to the first 94 minutes of 28th August 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/28_August_1980, already complete from the 400 Box. Another records only programme.
DB191 jumps to 8th September 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/08_September_1980, 94 minutes of a new show, previously tracklisted by the much missed John Peel Papers. Bodysnatchers and Flatbackers in session.
DB192 features 94 minutes of another new show, 10th September 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/10_September_1980, records only again, including the fabulous Israel (12 Tribe) Stylee from Mikey Dread, which I vaguely remember emanating from my Grundig Satellit at the time.
DB193 contained the first 94 minutes of 18th September 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/18_September_1980. Previously only the Martian Dance session was available from Kev. Also with Positive Noise in session.
DB194 is another new share, 94 minutes of 22nd September 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/22_September_1980. Beat in session. An amusing tale stemming from John's increasing lack of confidence in his deteriorating body image.
DB195 - to my horror the tape leader had become detached from the tape. Fixed not using my usual strip of sellotape but with a strip of an adhesive white label - much easier than sellotape to cut and stick but not as durable - after ripping at the end of the tape it came straight off again! Anyway 95 minutes (slightly more generous Fuji tape) of 24th September 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_September_1980, with the Fall's 3rd session. Again a new show.

So that's just one tape short of Rob's efforts and it took me almost a month longer...

Usual thanks to Chris for keeping the tapes all these years!

Stuart