New Derby shares

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Fri Jan 23 22:53:53 CET 2015

DB185 contained the first 94 minutes of unshared show 12th August 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/12_August_1980. Idiot Dancers 1979 repeat.
 DB186 contained the first 94 minutes of unshared show 18th August 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/18_August_1980. Furious Pig and Piranhas 1979 repeats.
 DB187 contained the first 94 minutes of unshared show 19th August 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/19_August_1980. A European Special, with session repeats from DAF  (1979)and Metal Urbaine (1978).
 DB188 didn't have much Peel content, just the first half hour of 25th August 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/25_August_1980. This did include a bizarre brace of tracks at the start of the show and a prescient or knowledgeable Peel link between them.... . Together with the Hinton Box edited bits from later in the show we now have 51 minutes. Yet more session repeats from 1979.
 Also from this tape, a few minutes of the Chart Show of 16th August 1980, and an hour of Elvis Costello at the Hope And Anchor. Files in the same place as the Peel shows.
 Currently there are a few stray seconds of the outro to the Costello concert at the start of the Peel Show, which I will remove once back at Ripping Central.
 DB189 is back to Pure Peel, the first 94 minutes of 26th August 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/26_August_1980, previously available in full from the 400 Box. Big In Japan 1979 repeat and Young Marble Giants, actually a new session!

 Wondering if the lack of current sessions was something to do with the Musician Union's strike, recently on Top Of The Pops 1980 on BBC4.

 Stuart