New from Derby

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Wed Jan 7 00:05:14 CET 2015

From 30th June 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_June_1980, the first 94 minutes of the show, expanding and improving upon the 400 Box version.

 Then it's an all new show, 1st July 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/01_July_1980. This features a repeat of the Monoconics session, which when combined with the show of 21st May, completes the session in sparkling Derby quality. Also a repeat of the stellar first Wah Heat session. This is one of the sessions that convinced me that JP sessions sounded better than records. You could concentrate on any element in the session eg drums guitar bass vocals while the records seemed to mush it all together into a whole. Whether this was due to the simpler production or the cutting out of the chain the whole record pressing and playback business I was never 100% sure about...

 After that we jump forward a fortnight to 14th July 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/14_July_1980, Previously a 44 minute excerpt was available, here we have a full 93 minutes. Pauline Murray in session, and an old Bob Marley repeat.

 Stuart