[peel] Happy Otter Mixtapes

Rocker rockerq@...
Tue Feb 24 18:02:29 CET 2015

Yes I recognised the track you refer to - it's the one at 20min30sec on file 9b 1989 - It's "Just To Be Seen" by the Darling Buds - the b-side of their first single "If I Said" from Feb 1987, and about as punk as they got!

Odd, as the DBs track a few minutes earlier on the tape is Hit The Ground - from early 1989.

Rocker

-----Original Message-----
From: RobF robfleay@... [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Feb 24, 2015 9:59 am
Subject: Re: [peel] Happy Otter Mixtapes

Hi Stuart

I just filled in a few of the unknowns on the wiki for this new Happy Otter mix (One Thousand Violins, Darling Buds and Awesome Dre)

       http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/HO_John_Peel_9_1988_1989

Still quite a lot of unknowns, most of which sound like grunge imports, and one that I'm sure Rocker must know as it sounds like a Talulah Gosh/Shop Assistants/Flatmates girl-fronted band with the chorus that sounds like "We need to dance more" repeated several times

For the ID of the Awesome Dre track I used the brilliant      whosampled.com site for clues if you've not seen it?