[peel] Happy Otter Mixtapes

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Tue Feb 24 12:32:44 CET 2015

Cheers Rob, funnily enough I came up with the Who Sampled site when I was searching for the Awesome Dre track but it wasn’t one of those suggested. I’ve messaged HO to see if he can remember any of them – it’s the only tape so far where the inlay was lost.

From: mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:59 AM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Happy Otter Mixtapes

Hi Stuart

I just filled in a few of the unknowns on the wiki for this new Happy Otter mix (One Thousand Violins, Darling Buds and Awesome Dre)

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/HO_John_Peel_9_1988_1989

Still quite a lot of unknowns, most of which sound like grunge imports, and one that I'm sure Rocker must know as it sounds like a Talulah Gosh/Shop Assistants/Flatmates girl-fronted band with the chorus that sounds like "We need to dance more" repeated several times

For the ID of the Awesome Dre track I used the brilliant whosampled.com site for clues if you've not seen it?