January 1983 tracklisting for Karls Tape

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Tue Dec 29 20:50:57 CET 2015

Going back to the Mid November 1982 show first of all, and I've decided that the first portion of the tape must be from a Gary Crowley show. The Apocalypse tracks are from a Crowley session, and one of them, mixed by the Mad Professor, hadn't been released on record, and the band didn't do a BBC session. But what a great find, and the linked Apocalypse website is well worth a look.

Back to the matter in hand, and a wiki page is up http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Karls_Tape_January_1983 for the January mixtape.

I really had given up on dating these well on into the track listing as inevitably the first two Jensen sessions were repeats and couldn't be dated. But finally the third Jensen show had a debut session, dating the show to 5th January, followed by a Peel session track from the same night. The two earlier dates were the 4th and 3rd, as the December 82 shows are all well documented.

So that's the first Peel content to be confidently dated for the first two months of 1983, a desert hitherto!

Many thanks again to Karl, and can't wait for the next installment!

Stuart