[peel] Problem with cassette player that feeds into Audacity

Rocker rockerq@...
Thu Dec 24 12:56:40 CET 2015

Have you tried fast winding the tapes back and forward from end to end a couple of times before playing? Sometimes old tapes get a bit sticky and need freeing up.

Some autoreverse decks work by shining a light through the tape, so they can flip as soon as the leader tape is reached, whereas others flip when the tape physically stops at the end of the spool - maybe something mechanical needs adjusting or repairing?

Rocker

-----Original Message-----
From: clashbore18@... [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Dec 24, 2015 10:58 am
Subject: [peel] Problem with cassette player that feeds into Audacity

Problem with it is it keeps flipping sides at the start of the tape and sometimes about halfway through ! Is it cos the tapes have tightened up over the years and the player thinks the tape has ended ? Or something else ? Its a real pain and stopping me from ripping them at the moment. I've googled the problem but there's nothing on it. Seems like a fairly basic piece of kit.