[peel] One got left behind Karls Tape August 1982(b)

clashbore18@... clashbore18@...
Sun Dec 13 18:58:55 CET 2015

Yes certainly until about 1982 if I remember rightly. During my listening history 8 till 10 changed hands from Mike Read to Richard Skinner to Kid Jensen to ...I think... Janice Long. I stopped listening from 8 till 10 and only listened to Peel from about 1986 onwards. But anyway.... not a lot of stock was taken in that slot , probably because it was perceived as playing fairly middle ground new wave releases without many surprises. Not always the case though although none of those presenters struck me as being particularly authentic in their enthusiasm for left field music.

 I think John Peel bullied Jensen ( in a friendly enough way ) to genuinely see the light but I was never convinced that any of them wouldn't just jump ship and do any slot they were told to do.

 8 till 10 was never really an institution... unlike the John Peel Show. Thats probably why nobody has really organised much info about it online.