[peel] Derby Box ends...

Mr M D Luetchford M.Luetchford@...
Wed Dec 2 23:54:11 CET 2015

Many thanks - an excellent contribution.

On 2 December 2015, at 12:02, "'Stuart Brooks' stuartb@brooks22.plus.com [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Sad it’s come to an end, but on the happy side I’ve still got a lot to listen to from your half of the box! I wonder where the next excitement will come from...... hopefully the few that were sold will surface soon, and we can finish off the Lowman tapes

From: mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 9:58 PM

To: peel@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [peel] Derby Box ends...

And so we reach the end of the legendary Derby Box - just a year and a bit since I first took possession of the (nearly) 300 tapes, recorded in high quality and stored immaculately.

DB135 contains 90 minutes of the show from 10 December 1979

Joy Division and Lene Lovich in session

Already available in full from the 400 Box and partially rebroadcast on 6Music

Mooo

DB136 contains 90 minutes of the show from 13 December 1979

The Members in session

Already available in full from the 400 Box

Mooo

DB137 & DB138 contain the full show from 20 December 1979

Excerpts from the year's best sessions and the 50-41 of the Festive 50

Partially shared from the 400 Box but now complete

Mooo

The rest of DB138 contains 70 minutes of the show from 02 January 1980

PIL and UB40 in session

Already shared in full from various sources

Mooo

DB139 contains 90 minutes of the show from 07 January 1980

Simple Minds & The Mekons in session

Already available in full from the 400 Box

Mooo

DB140 contains 66 minutes of the show from 08 January 1980

All records show

Already available in full from the 400 Box

Mooo

The rest of DB140 contains 28 minutes of the show from 10 January 1980

Misty and Xdreamysts in session

This portion of the show already shared from the 400 Box

Mooo

DB141 contains 90 minutes of the show from 16 January 1980

Records only

Mostly shared from the 400 Box but with some edits which this file fills

Mooo

DB142 contains 90 minutes of the show from 22 January 1980

Secret Affair and Joy Division in session

Only 10 minutes of this show previously available via the Hinton Box

Mooo

DB143 contains 90 minutes of the show from 24 January 1980

Cigarettes and Glass Torpedoes in session

Previously unshared

Mooo

DB144 contains 90 minutes of the show from 28 January 1980

Piranhas and PIL in session

Short sections of the show previously shared from the 400 Box and Hinton Box

Mooo

DB145 contains 90 minutes of the show from 30 January 1980

All records show

Some of the show previously shared from the 400 Box

Mooo

DB146 & DB147 contains the full show from 04 February 1980

Mo-Dettes and Magazine in session

A very short edited portion of this show previously shared from the 400 Box

Mooo

DB147 contains 70 minutes of the show from 06 February 1980

Transmitters in session but WARNING. Mike Read fills in as John Peel is attending the birth of his son Tom

Already available in full from the 400 Box

Mooo

DB148 contains 90 minutes of the show from 11 February 1980

Delta 5 and The Undertones in session

Already largely shared from the 400 Box

Mooo

DB149 contains 90 minutes of the show from 18 February 1980

Ruts and Misty in session

Partially shared from the 400 Box

Mooo

And that's it (bar the Moo links for the last 3 files which are awaiting space on the server).

Thanks to Stuart & Rocker for the invaluable part they played in securing the tapes and doing a fair share of the ripping.

And thanks to all those that offered encouragement along the way, I hope you enjoyed the ride

Cheers

Rob