Derby Box ends...

RobF robfleay@...
Tue Dec 1 22:58:16 CET 2015

And so we reach the end of the legendary Derby Box - just a year and a bit
since I first took possession of the (nearly) 300 tapes, recorded in high
quality and stored immaculately.

DB135 contains 90 minutes of the show from 10 December 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/10_December_1979>
Joy Division and Lene Lovich in session
Already available in full from the 400 Box and partially rebroadcast on
6Music
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-12-10/>

DB136 contains 90 minutes of the show from 13 December 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/13_December_1979>
The Members in session
Already available in full from the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-12-13/>

DB137 & DB138 contain the full show from 20 December 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/20_December_1979>
Excerpts from the year's best sessions and the 50-41 of the Festive 50
Partially shared from the 400 Box but now complete
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-12-20/>

The rest of DB138 contains 70 minutes of the show from 02 January 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/02_January_1980>
PIL and UB40 in session
Already shared in full from various sources
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-01-02/>

DB139 contains 90 minutes of the show from 07 January 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/07_January_1980>
Simple Minds & The Mekons in session
Already available in full from the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-01-07/>

DB140 contains 66 minutes of the show from 08 January 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/08_January_1980>
All records show
Already available in full from the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-01-08/>

The rest of DB140 contains 28 minutes of the show from 10 January 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/10_January_1980>
Misty and Xdreamysts in session
This portion of the show already shared from the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-01-10/>

DB141 contains 90 minutes of the show from 16 January 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/16_January_1980>
Records only
Mostly shared from the 400 Box but with some edits which this file fills
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-01-16/>

DB142 contains 90 minutes of the show from 22 January 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/22_January_1980>
Secret Affair and Joy Division in session
Only 10 minutes of this show previously available via the Hinton Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-01-22/>

DB143 contains 90 minutes of the show from 24 January 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_January_1980>
Cigarettes and Glass Torpedoes in session
Previously unshared
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-01-24/>

DB144 contains 90 minutes of the show from 28 January 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/28_January_1980>
Piranhas and PIL in session
Short sections of the show previously shared from the 400 Box and Hinton Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-01-28/>

DB145 contains 90 minutes of the show from 30 January 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_January_1980>
All records show
Some of the show previously shared from the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-01-30/>

DB146 & DB147 contains the full show from 04 February 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/04_February_1980>
Mo-Dettes and Magazine in session
A very short edited portion of this show previously shared from the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-02-04/>

DB147 contains 70 minutes of the show from 06 February 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/06_February_1980>
Transmitters in session but WARNING. Mike Read fills in as John Peel is
attending the birth of his son Tom
Already available in full from the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-02-06/>

DB148 contains 90 minutes of the show from 11 February 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/11_February_1980>
Delta 5 and The Undertones in session
Already largely shared from the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-02-11/>

DB149 contains 90 minutes of the show from 18 February 1980
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/18_February_1980>
Ruts and Misty in session
Partially shared from the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201980%20Tapes/1980-02-18/>

And that's it (bar the Moo links for the last 3 files which are awaiting
space on the server).
Thanks to Stuart & Rocker for the invaluable part they played in securing
the tapes and doing a fair share of the ripping.
And thanks to all those that offered encouragement along the way, I hope
you enjoyed the ride

Cheers
Rob