More Derby Box

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Wed Apr 29 14:27:59 CEST 2015

Firstly a re-up of 9th June 1981 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/09_June_1981_(John_Walters). This show had a slight glitch during the Cure track, now fixed. Any other glitches that are noticed, other than at the 47 minute tape flip, let me know and I'll sort out.

 John Walters is still on duty on the 11th June 1981 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/11_June_1981,  and takes the opportunuity to play both Bob Marley & The Wailers sessions, though only 1 track of the second session is on the tape. As the sessions were never commercially released, then there's the chance that these are the best recordings available. Another rare session is the Gene Vincent & Houseshakers session from 1971.

 DB243 jumps forward to 30th June 1981 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_June_1981, with Skodas and Laura Logic in session.

 DB244 is another jump to 15th July 1981 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/15_July_1981 and we have repeats from Altered Imaged and Boots For Dancing.

 DB245 contains 21st July 1981 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/21_July_1981, with Mo-Dettes and Angelic Upstarts in session. Some tracks were previously available on one of Karl's Mixtapes. Debut play of X Mal Deutschland.

 Finally for now, DB246 features 30th July 1981 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_July_1981, with Groundation and Vice Squad in session.

 Stuart