Mystery Sessions

dgmccarthy@... dgmccarthy@...
Tue Apr 14 01:45:02 CEST 2015

Stumbled across a page listing the contents of the first tape (it was on the back of something else; must have been scrap paper).

 Combined with Martin's notes I can expand on the details for those sessions.  For those interested:

 The Dark.  30/8/89 Richard Skinner
 - Ghost in you
 - Better life
 - Shaking
 - Body goes cold

 A Certain Ratio.  31/8/89 Nicky Campbell
 - Backs to the wall

 Dennis Greaves And The Truth.  31/8/89 Nicky Campbell
 - Jealous man
 - Wings of a prayer
 - Prisoner of love

 Summerhill.  October 1989 Nicky Campbell
 - Lately
 - If I knew you better

 Mike Oldfield.  11/9/89 Nicky Campbell
 - Tubular bells

 Castanarc.  26/10/89 Richard Skinner
 - The key to all our love
 - Where doves become eagles
 - The children won't eat
 - Behind closed doors

 The Purple Helmets.   1/1/90 Richard Skinner  (repeat?)
 - Brand new Cadillac
 - Don't you like what I do
 - Under the sun
 - Baby, let me take you home
 Recorded 8/10/89  de Bono/Parker

 The Grip.  22/1/90 Nicky Campbell

 - Loosen up
 - Be yourself
 - Hey Jamie
 - Old getting older
 Recorded 17/1/90 Parker - McCarthy/Parker

 Lenny Kravitz.  20/12/89 Richard Skinner
 - Let love rule
 - Does anybody out there even care
 - My precious love
 - Blows for sister someone

 As the Richard Skinner's dates are weekdays, I bow to Martin's recall. Richard did work hard! Martin also listed the Purple Helmets as 8/11/89, so I may have picked it up on repeat.

 The Grip session was one I worked on and it looks like Martyn Parker may have produced and engineered.

 It appears Martyn may also have worked on the Purple Helmets session with Ted de Bono.

 My Amstrad print-out is a little erratic so I don't know if I can trust where it lists A Certain Ratio and Dennis Greaves as being broadcast on the same evening.  I didn't get an exact date for Summerhill.

 I still can't find any info on The Dark!