Fred Vom Jupiter

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Sun Sep 28 19:22:12 CEST 2014

Remember that one? Hadn't thought about it for 30 years but when I saw the track listed on the inlay of S006 of the Stewart Tapes I remembered it as clear as day.

We have 4 shows from March 1982 today.

First up 2nd March 1982 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/02_March_1982, which filled up half of S006. Featuring Artery in session.
Next 3rd March 1982 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/03_March_1982, around 67 minutes from S005 and S006. Names and Sinatras in session though only some session tracks were taped.
S007 contained 11th March 1982 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/11_March_1982 and 15th March 1982 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/15_March_1982. The 11th featured Theatre Of Hate in session and a superlative Nigerian track from 1976. The boundary between the two shows is not entirely obvious but the 15th does contain some session tracks from TV21 and John Cooper Clarke.

These edited tapes are truly a Best Of Peel as they are just as eclectic as the full shows with no obvious genre edited out!

Many thanks to JS et al

Stuart