[peel] The Men They Couldn't Hang - 1984/85 sessions and Live

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Tue Sep 23 21:12:11 CEST 2014

Jolly

I think you may be right that it was Strange Fruit version as Stev lemacq said it was the Janice Long Session ... never seemed to make it on to iplayer.

Haven't had much of a reaction here - looking at the session listing show dates  were 12/7/84 (repeated 30/7) 6/2/85 (repeated 27/2) and 24/7/85 (no repeat) on Peel and 18/9/85 & 25/6/86 on Long and 10/9/90 on Nicky Campbell according to the gospel according to ken.

12/7/84: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/12_July_1984 - has boy named sue on the moo file
	* 1984-07-09 to 30.mp3
To access click on moo at bottom add user name peel and passwrod group when asked. find the file click on it and should open - move slider to 10.20 and you will hear boy named sue - to save right click on the screen and you can download the file

30/7/84: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_July_1984 nothing yet

6/2/85 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/06_February_1985 - tracklisting has no tmthch tracks

24/7/85 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_July_1985 - nothing yet

As to the ICA Rock week Show this is listed here: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/17_December_1984 if you click file b at teh bottom you are led to a page where you can download but Steve says quality is AM so that may not be what you want.

There are a couple of people who have an extensive session collection but as tehy haven't volunteered I woudl suspect tehy don't have ... so maybe teh BBC will be your best bet.

Just been on your website - others may find it equally of interest; http://www.tmtch.net/gigdates.htm

Mark