Bonnie43uk tapes

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Wed Oct 29 21:45:05 CET 2014

I've now digitised the three BASF LH 60 tapes that youtube user bonnie43uk sent. Rather than covering 24th October 1980, there were actually several shows covered.

A small 4 minute file from 21st October 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/21_October_1980 (new show) followed by a 6 minute portion of 23rd October 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/23_October_1980 (already shared from the 400 box). Then a 25 minute bit of 27th October 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/27_October_1980, 8 of which are new, the rest a sound upgrade to the 400 box version but highly edited.

The main highlight of the tapes is the 95 minutes of new show 3rd November 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/03_November_1980. Angelic Upstarts and OMD in session, but some great rare tracks from Human Cabbages, Jah Butty and Toxicomane, amongst others, which I'm sure none of us would have come across again (or ever).

Finally another new show, 13th November 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/13_November_1980. It's not certain that all of the tracks are from this show, though some definitely are, so they may as well be wikified here until we know otherwise.

A bit of FM interference at times but otherwise very good sound quality and a taste of what the 400 Box might have been had that taper been in an area with good FM reception.

Many thanks to bonnie43uk and Johnpeel3904

AND what better inspiration for us to make a concerted effort to secure the latest tape collection.....