600 Records John Peel Tribute Programme

peel600@... peel600@...
Sat Oct 25 00:45:52 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

First off, sorry if you've already seen this mentioned lots on Twitter via keepingitpeel or via The Guardian's website etc.  We tried desperately hard to get this programme commissioned on 'conventional radio' but ended up having to put it on Mixcloud and send out press releases etc. so we're in a situation where we're trying to find our listeners rather than listeners easily finding the programme!

In 1998 I won 600 Dance / Electronic 12"s in a competition on John's show.  To commemorate John Peel Day, I've put together this tribute programme featuring my favourites from the 600 records and the story of how it all came about:

http://www.mixcloud.com/peel600/mix/

I just want to say a heartfelt thank you to those of you here that helped a long while back with some enquiries that were made on my behalf about other competitions that John Peel ran.  I hope you will find the programme interesting!  And I hope none of it comes across as boasting, particularly as many of you will have entered the competition too.  It just felt really important to me to share the music and now felt about the right sort of time to put this together.

 I - as I know you all do - really miss John and his wonderful programmes but it is really heartening to see so many wonderful tributes paid by so many in advance of John Peel Day - his legacy will live on and on and on...

 Take care, thanks and all the best.