[peel] End of Stewart Tapes

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Fri Oct 24 23:39:17 CEST 2014

Thank You - A Great Contribution.

________________________________
 From: "stuartb@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 23 October 2014, 2:36
Subject: [peel] End of Stewart Tapes

S017 was labelled Festive 50 1983 Part 3 but as I warned earlier the last two tapes had been recorded over subsequently. Side 1 contained an hour of Blur At Peel Acres. However this is not the show of 5th May 1997,

it has a different intro and outro and sounds like it was a rebroadcast from Glastonbury in June. Nonetheless I've added the details to the 5th May page as the sound quality is an upgrade.
And then, tantalisingly at the end of side 1, just under 3 minutes of

John Peel Show BBC Radio One
View on peel.wikia.com     Preview by Yahoo
including a whole minute not previously broadcast, the end of the final Misty session track.
Side 2 contained a Blur co
ncert from later in 1997.

S018 contained only Oasis, with not even a trace of the F50 show. :{

But what a great wee set of tapes otherwise, so final thanks again to John Stewart, Bob and Dr M for facilitating.