BBC 6 Music to repeat highlights of three JP shows

thebarguest@... thebarguest@...
Sat Oct 18 22:10:08 CEST 2014

Typical BBC to edit/mutilate these classics down to just 1hr! I feel sorry for the (naïve) guy who donated his priceless tapes to them, he probably thought that they would be available in full ; I wait patiently for a database/repository of those, but I am not too hopeful... What's an extra hour on BBC6 Music at 4 in the morning for God's sake? Yet they all come out on all the tribute shows saying how great JP was, what a hero/influence etc. I can only assume that the BBC6 powers-that-be are nervous that JP's style could  well "show up" the current bunch of presenters who have over-long chatty gaps between songs (nothing worse if you're in the mood for music). Often I switch between Radio 1, 2, 3 and local BBC radio, and there is talk on all of them. If I want talk I go to Radio 4, if I want stories of composers I go on the internet for F*cks sake!