A couple of shows

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Wed Oct 15 03:30:55 CEST 2014

OK, starting with the Rich tapes, R198 contained a C90 worth of 25th January 1992 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/25_January_1992, which doesn't add much other than cover a tape flip and establishes that the earlier order of SL Tapes was incorrect.

Moving on the Stewart Tapes and after last week's gold dust, I was horrified to find that instead of containing 90 minutes of the first F50 show of 1983, the 21st December, it had been entirely taped over with a Linguaphone Learn Spanish programme. At least that show had been previously shared in full.

It was therefore with great trepidation that I rewound the C120 purportedly containing the following night's show,  22nd December 1983 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/22_December_1983.

Initially silence.

Then the pips.

Then -

Grinderswitch! Yes, this show is now complete, other than a tape flip during one of the session tracks.

Previously only the final hour of the show was available, but now we have all the session tracks that were played from Test Dept, Eton Crop, Craig Charles, Sophie And Peter Johnson, The Three Johns and Microdisney, plus the full F50 from 40 to 31.

Many thanks to Rich and JS once more!

But I think that might be it as far as the Stewart Tapes are concerned, as what would have been the 27th and 28th, have apparently been taped over. The 28th was complete already but the 27th was missing much of the first hour, so I will go through the tape just in case any fragments survive...

Stuart