S013 and S014

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Thu Oct 9 00:52:53 CEST 2014

I'm convinced the off-air sound quality was better then too.  I'm currently ripping a show from 1992, and while the tape is fine (funnily enough a TDK D again, like the 1983 show) the Optimod compression is completely wasting the intro to Sheela-Na-Gig. Rather than the band coming to the front with a step increase in volume, instead it sounds like the band keep playing the same volume and Polly disappears backwards into the mix.

And I can remember exactly what the shock was like when I put on my vinyl copy of Surfer Rosa having only heard the flattened versions of the tracks as broadcast.

Stuart