DB151

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Tue Nov 25 16:34:50 CET 2014

was a Memorex MRX3. This contained two sides of 25th February 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/25_February_1980, already shared in full from the 400 Box but a mighty sound upgrade courtesy of Chris.

This tape was slightly troublesome in that it refused to play to the very end of side 1, so I had to flip over and record side 2 with an extended flip gap. Then with most of the tape in the bag, I rewound side 2 past the obstruction, turns out it was just 4 seconds missed from each side, so they were spliced back in.

I did wonder about the tape azimuth for a while as there were a couple of tracks it didn't sound quite right, even with fine tuning. Then I realised that it was the Cockney Rejects session tracks that had the problem. John did have trouble getting the first track to play so I suspect a replacement R2R was wheeled in at short notice and there was no time to get the playback azimuth adjusted.

I do remember being disappointed with a repeat play of the Cocteau Twins second session when the playback was miles off!

Incidentally Rob I've just noticed that there is another bit of 20th February 1980 in your batch of tapes on DB147

Stuart / Mantoid2 / Weatherman22