Return of the Gumtree Tapes

haze.harrison@... haze.harrison@...
Sat Nov 22 10:04:45 CET 2014

Hi Stuart,

 If you were wondering where the final 3 minutes of the original 26th November 1984 file came from I had identified the track as the Flying Lizards from 3rd December 1984.
 Once I started looking at the tracklistings rather than just ripping and posting it was obvious! Our Gumtree friend had even left the tail of JLL at the beginning of FL so (having re-edited) the join is now seamless and as originally broadcast.

 The other tracks on the file originally listed as 1984-10-16 to 11-14.mp3 were:
 16th Oct (to 3:01) Cocteau Twins
 5th Nov (3:01 to 5:12) Woodentops
 The wiki agrees with you, I just need to change the links to the new files.

 That just leaves the small files 1984-10-17 and 1984-10-22 to wikify also 1984-03-29 then we’re done!
 Done as far as the wiki is concerned but I already have the next batch of tapes on my desk which go through to the end of 1985. They look to be similarly small additions to the tapes I ripped last year.

 Oh also just wondered about the “She’s A Witch” track on the file listed as 15th July 1984. That wouldn’t have been a date that a Peel Show would have been on.
 The Weatherman had already wiki'd that as the 12th. So the new file has that and two TMTCH session tracks.